Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Veggie Burritos and Dead Camera Batteries

Well today I set out ready to start documenting my eating and running journey and realized my camera battery is dead! Poor planning...
It is charging now though. I am currently reading The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan and I have to say it is quite eye-opening. I strongly recommend it to everyone.
I also have a 2.5 mile run planned for today. Hopefully I will be able to get some pictures up later today as well.
I think the hardest thing for my training is getting the motivation to go out and run when I have already worked a full day. I do not see myself getting up any earlier though!
Last night for dinner, I made Veggie Burritos. It was Meatless Monday in this house! Last week I made tofu and my husband hated it!! So this week I tried to come up with something a bit more satisfying to his appetite. I simply used:
  • brown rice
  • black beans
  • corn
  • jalapenos
  • salsa
  • mushrooms
I also sprinkle a little cheese on it as well! They were quite delicious! I will have to make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment